Self-knowledge is the portal to peace. Enjoy the gift of time and space for self-discovery.
Journey into the Heart of Sikh Dharma is a small-group class, meeting together biweekly via telephone with an expert presenter and the course facilitator.
These days we are so busy, constantly bombarded with information, opportunities, responsibilities, and distractions. There seems to be an urgent need to slow down, breathe, and learn in a new way that seeps into your consciousness and your life — so you experience a deep satisfaction in your soul. Taking time for mindful self discovery enriches your outlook, and allows you to live from the inside out.
Journey into the Heart of Sikh Dharma provides that space. This unique course offers tools and wisdom to explore and apply to your life. We welcome everyone — whether you are a seeker or a Sikh, a Kundalini Yoga teacher or a student. By learning from an array of great presenters and a supportive group of peers, your life can blossom in a profound, transformational way. You will integrate what you learn by sharing, reflecting, and expressing your truth as it unfolds. If you are a Kundalini yogi, this course will enrich your practice and knowledge — it is a perfect complement or follow up to Teacher Training. Give yourself the gift of learning and participation, and join this precious journey.
These are the topics which you’ll study (not necessarily in this order). See below for some definitions of terms.
- Your Journey – Introduction to the Course
- The Pillars of Sikhism: Guidelines for Conscious Living
- Seva: Selfless Service
- Siri Guru Granth Sahib
- Gurbani, Gurmukhi, Naad Yoga, and Nitnem: The Power and Experience of the Sacred Sound Current
- Kundalini Yoga and Sikh Dharma
- The Formation of Sikh Character Through Sikh History
- Nitnem Banis (Daily Prayers)
- Exploring the Universal Experience of Japji Sahib, the Morning Prayer
- The Power of Prayer
- The Spiritual Warrior
- Prosperity Consciousness and Dasvandh
- Marriage and Dharmic Relationships
- The Gift of Amrit — the Highest Commitment
- Death, Dying, and Funerals
- Final Evaluations and Course Wrap-up
Glossary of terms:
Pillars of Sikhism:
- Bani – chanting and singing the Sound Current of the Shabad Guru
- Bana – dressing to represent your grace and spirit
- Simran – one-pointed meditation where the mind intermixes and surrenders to the Divine Identity within you
- Seva – selfless service to others, generally performed without expectation of reward or even recognition
Siri Guru Granth Sahib
- Our scripture and guide. The Siri Guru Granth Sahib is revered as the living Guru for Sikhs, a volume containing the sacred words of many enlightened beings who wrote while in a state of union with the Divine; source of spiritual wisdom and guidance
Gurbani and Naad Yoga
- The Science of Divine Sound , sacred sound current
- “Amrit” literally means “nectar of bliss”; it is the blessed water used in the Sikh baptism ceremony.
See our course calendar, topics, and presenters.
The cost of the course is $550. Register now to get a $55 discount, for a cost of $495, by August 31.